Saturday, January 5, 2008

Vegas's best buffets

Even without the influence from the boyfriend, I rate Bellagio's buffet #1. Variety is enough so that it's not overwhelming, and there never seems to a crowd once you get inside. The flow of the place is amazing and there's never really a line except to get inside the restaurant (Which can sometimes be upward of 2 hours. Thumbs down). Also, service is amazing and you'll rarely have an empty drink or too many trashed plates. Make sure to tip your waitress!

Prime Rib? CHECK. Crab legs? CHECK, and already sawed in half for easy meat, and thus, no worries of stabbing one's self with nasty claws and spines. Then there's always the shrimp cocktail, pizza, small sushi bar (they had urchin?!), and other grilled meats (I've seen buffalo and lamb, to name a few.) All very decent, and surprisingly good for a buffet. Desserts are always tasty, but the fruit tarts are the best if they decide to make an appearance. Also can't discount bananas foster and bread pudding.

Brunch is also offered on the weekends, and for extra dollars, you can get the Champagne. Definitely worth it if you're not Alice who passes out on the table from too much drinking.

Stay away from...
  1. Circus Circus buffet. Now, I haven't actually been there since I was in my early teens, maybe even younger than that, but it's got to be the nastiest food available. And PLEASE stay away from the fake Chinese food.
  2. Planet Hollywood buffet (used to be Aladdin). It's still called something like "5 Spices from Around the World" and has 5 different stations (Asian, Mid-Eastern, American, Mexican, and Italian). It's a heck of a lot of food, too much if you ask me, and it's all not very good. They should've just concentrated their efforts to make one really good spice. Also, waitresses liked to cop an attitude. Thumbs down.
  3. Wynn's buffet. This is arguable. I've actually never been, but I hear it's the same as Bellagio but more expensive. If I ever have the money to fork up for the dinner, I'll compare it again Bellagio and repost.
If the Bellagio buffet line is too long, I suggest Treasure Island's buffet, which is not bad, and much, much cheaper than Bellagio. They have an amazing dessert selection, which, to my sweet tooth, is heaven. To prevent customers from shutting them down, they use the line system to serve you food. Thus, you could be waiting for a few minutes to get a new plate of food (good for the restaurant, horrible for the eater). But a good second choice if the Bellagio line is out of control.

2 comments:

about me said...

circus circus's lunch buffet is a total joke. ashamed i went there.

Alice said...

In my defense, I say it was a good solid combination of eating AND drinking. Man, that food was really good. You forgot to add the potential perk of seeing Mike Tyson.