Saturday, January 19, 2008

The Shack, Santa Monica

Let's be honest, there's not much to distinguish one burger from another except the things you put inside of it. Apart from in-and-out, which by far is the best-tasting classic burger, most burgers are either too expensive or not tasty enough.

I visited the Shack last night, and of course, had the Shack Burger. I've been there once before, and just ordered the Turkey Burger, which my co-workers swore was better than most, but it wasn't. So this time, I ordered the Shack Burger with grilled onions. It was good, but only because they put a hotlink in it. Yes, a hot link. The best of junk food combined into one.

I didn't notice anything else on the menu that really struck me as special, so I'd say the only reason to go is for happy hour and for the Shack Burger. I don't know that I'd bother with any of the other food items on the menu.

Non-food related: We went for a late dinner on Friday (about 8:15/8:30) and of course, the place is packed. The one waiter and one waitress that worked there were super nice, but of course, I'm going to have to say service is slow because there's just not enough hands to help.

http://www.shacksm.com/

No comments: