Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Ugo, Downtown Culver City

I don't really think it's hard to make good spaghetti. I'll be the first kid to let everyone know her mama made the best spaghetti she's ever tasted. AND my mama is Chinese.

Anyways, Ugo. "A-" to the calamari. The boyfriend really got me into calamari, and now I have a few key points to judge calamari by: crunch, taste, amount of batter, size, and dipping sauce. Everything about it was good. You don't even need the marinara sauce, it was so tasty.

The pasta was a C-. I think even I could make better pasta. I had the Lasagne and boyfriend had the Rigatoni with meat sauce. Both were kinda tasteless and the portions were very small for the price of a dish (avg about $13-14 for pasta.) Atleast for my Lasagne, it was almost too sour for me. My salad also had hardly any vinegarette.

They did have some interesting cafe-like dishes and drinks that would probably be more authentic than the actual meals. They even have a wide variety of gelato ice cream (but don't come here for gelato! Sales pitch to come...) Anyways, it is what it is, an Italian cafe.

P.S. Angelato in Santa Monica (3rd St Promenade) has literally over 100 flavors, ALL delicious. My uncle owns the place, so help out his business!

No comments: