Monday, September 1, 2008

Cafe Beaujolais- Eagle Rock, CA



Do I know how to pronounce that? No. But that's ok. The food was awesome. I haven't had too much experience with French food, and I don't often crave it, but every time I go, I'm impressed with the food in general (as a genre).

Cafe Beaujolais in particular is this super cute, quaint little French place (no crepes though). A fairly extensive menu (which I always forgot to take a photo of) which included soups, salads, seafood, land meats, pastas, and vegetarian dishes.

I was so hungry and anxious to dig in (like a true fatty) that I completely forgot to take a photo. We ordered this AMAZING goat cheese salad. Apparently they use a similar salad dressing on the goat cheese salad as the regular "mixed greens" salad, but it was delish, so who cares. No pic of le salad. BUT, here is my rack of lamb in all its glory (minus one rib which was eaten immediately).


I also sampled the filet mignon, which was served with a tasty gravy/jus. I'll go back to check out the steak and mushroom pasta. Also PLEASE remind me to not fill up on the bread. I'm horrible at that and then can hardly finish the entree portion of my meal!

A for taste. Oh, one downside which is accompanied with a story- so BF and I had a clear view of the front door, and we laughed at a guy who walked in carrying a sitting pillow. Shortly thereafter, we begin to realize our asscheeks hurt from the wooden seats which are sort of concave and definitely uncomfortable. If you don't have your own sitting pillow, maybe opt for the booths.

No comments: