Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Chloe- Santa Monica, CA


I'm usually not a fan of those niche, funky bars. Nor do I enjoy those dimly lit, swanky places either. But there's a hidden bar recently discovered by my co-worker that I found worthy of a review.

If you don't know what Kir Royal is, please come to LA so I can show you. I'm already a big fan of Champagne, but the way Chloe makes it- Champagne plus a little Chambord (which I also already love) - makes a really tasty drink. Beware- drink slowly.

Also newly discovered favorite food- smoked salmon sandwich with thinly sliced cucumbers and red onions. And you're probably wondering if my breath stunk from the onions. Well, they were so thinly sliced that you could barely taste them. They definitely complemented the overall taste of the sandwich. Man, I love smoked salmon.


Note- if you have a craving for a Father's Office burger, but the line is too long, head over to Chloe's for a similar-tasting, but slightly smaller version. I've never had to fight for a table, and the place is filled with little couches and benches. Cozy.


B+ for bar food, A for drinks

No comments: