Friday, April 25, 2008

Craft, Century City, CA

Unfortunately, I was unable to snap shots since it was a business dinner, but definitely worth a few mins to discuss. This is what I remember eating...

First courses:
  • Oysters: So apparently, the smaller the oyster, the sweeter it is (sweeter being better-tasting). My very first time eating a raw oyster...and it wasn't that bad! And I actually chewed it. I think they were called Kushi oysters.
  • Crab Gratin: good. cheesey.
Main Course:
  • NY strip steak. eh. (sad huh?)
Sides:
  • baby broccoli
  • asparagus
  • another kind of gratin (just potatoes this time)
  • assorted mushrooms
  • polenta
My only comment here is that it was all very boring

Dessert:
  • Apple pie crisp. nothing special.
  • Waffles and ice cream. again, nothing special (but the ice cream was GOOD!)
  • Mango Shortcake: interesting concept...maybe mangos aren't in season yet?
  • Donuts: these were the best tasting doughnuts i've EVER tasted. not too sweet, not too fried, and super fluffy. YUM!

Ok, so really the only thing i enjoyed was the wine and the donuts. It was definitely nothing compared to the Las Vegas Craftsteak which was INCREDIBLE. I was sad, but at least it wasn't on my dime!

No comments: